2021 Month 1:3 (11-17 January)

 A cutie pie at Church today:


I am the one taking the picture not holding her.  I miss holding my babies (big and small, older or younger)



What's up on week 3 of 2021?


A lot of the routine happened this week :  Being at the office on Monday when the missionaries come to talk and e-mail family , the mission president and friends. 

Tuesday we had a second video call with the Messicks.  We do not want to overwhelm them with all the details we feel would help them adjust in Vanuatu and so I feel we just barely talked on a few things.  As we think of different things we keep notes in a folder (electronic or paper) to give them a little bit of reading and to hopefully make their life easier.  It is a delight to visit with them and we are excited about what the future will bring under their leadership.

I found out this week the steps to follow in Vanuatu (under the worldwide pandemic) to help the Messicks obtain a work permit and visa.  We will do our part and trust in the Lord for the rest or in other words, business as usual.

We were advised on Wednesday evening that our Elder Dodo was all set for his departure 3 days later.!!!  We were told it would probably be a little tricky for him to go back to Africa because of COVID, so it was decided the travel team in New Zealand would start preparing now before the conclusion of his mission in April.  Lo and behold it took about a month and off he goes.  We enjoyed our association with Elder Dodo very much and I will especially miss our chats on Mondays.  He promised he will keep in touch. 


Friday morning, grand-papa left for Malekula for the district conference.  When he was making reservations for this trip,  I felt very strongly I should not go but did not know why and thought it was probably because it is so very hot there at this time of the year.  I was having an internal battle and finally grand-papa told me not to come .  He made the reservation just for himself.  I felt at peace and thought I would probably find out when the time came... or not.  So when we received the e-mail about Elder Dodo, I thought it was probably why I needed to stay.
I took him to the airport very early Saturday morning and remembered at the last minute I had not taken a picture of Elder Dodo at the airport.  So I took a quick one while he was going through customs.


Although I now knew why I needed to stay, it is still difficult to be apart from my companion.  I needed some projects.
I reorganized the living room, I went through what we will be shipping home and repackaged some items, I worked on a training I will have with the sister missionaries at the beginning of February, I glued straps on his old pair of sandals (I hope they will make it for the rest of our mission), I am working right now on the blog... and he is only coming back tomorrow late afternoon (if the flight is not changed again).  😒




It was a time also to do a lot of pondering.  I jotted a few thoughts that came to me and that I want to share with all my loved ones.

At school, when it is the day of the exam, the time to study has passed.

Why do we study?
Is it to stuff our brain with information or is it to acquire knowledge?

" Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth." D&C 50:40

Acquire knowledge of all that is good and true is what should be done.

What do we do with this knowledge?  After all we are more than just a library.

When we use our knowledge of all that is good and true to bless our lives and the life of others, something wonderful happens;  we learn wisdom.

"For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have." 
2 Nephi 28:30 

You have unanswered questions?  GREAT!

Do you desire answers, knowledge, wisdom?

What a wonderful opportunity this year to study Doctrine and Covenants.
" Wherefore the voice of the Lord is unto the ends of the earth, that all that will hear may hear:"
D&C 1:11

"Verily I say unto you my friends, I speak unto you with my voice, even the voice of my Spirit, that I may show unto you my will concerning your brethren in the land of Zion, many of whom are truly humble and are seeking diligently to learn wisdom and to find truth.  Verily, verily, I say unto you, blessed are such, for they shall obtain; " D&C 97:1-2

Even the prophet has been urging us to Hear Him.  He said: 
"Our Father knows that when we are surrounded by uncertainty and fear, what will help us the very most is to hear His Son.  Because when we seek to hear, truly hear His Son, we will be guided to know what to do in any circumstance. It has never been more imperative to know how the Spirit speaks to you than right now.  I renew my plea for you to do whatever it takes to increase your spiritual capacity to receive personal revelation." April 2020

I join my plea to his.  You want answers?  I know this is the way.

I share this with all my love for you.






Choose Wisely





























MIFALA LAVEM YUFALA TUMAS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Semaine 12 (16-22 mars)

2021 Month 3:4 (22-28 March)

2020 Semaine 29 (13-19 juillet)