2020 Semaine 16 (13-19 avril)




 

Sister Park on her way to South Korea.  She made the cover for her guitare.  It is hand stitched and it was her first experience sewing.  I am very impressed and I saw it up close.  That is one among her many talents.  We will miss her.











                                                             SAYING GOODBYE





COLLECTING PHONES, CAR AND HOUSE KEYS


                               Senior sisters worked hard to make masks for all our missionaries.



That was part of our week...

We received very nice letters from parents reuniting with their missionary.  The Senior missionaries sent us these pictures with loving words of encouragment.

                                                         This one made us laugh! 
 
There are no words to express how much we miss all of them!  I am very thankful to my Heavenly Father who poured His Spirit abundantly on us this week to help us through and continue to guide the way.

Thursday we had a mini zone conferences with the missionaries remaining on Efate.  We now have two zones on Efate and each one came to the mission office and we shared with them what Heavenly Father put in our hearts for them (and for us)

It is a new beginning, like we are opening up the Vanuatu Port Vila Mission again.
Grand-papa had thought of a few things he wanted to share and felt impressed he should talk about.  He asked me if I had a few ideas of what I would mention.  I had no idea. After he asked me that, it was Wednesday, we were meeting them the next day, I sat down with a prayer in my heart and the heavens were opened.  Everything was clear in my mind.  I knew where to find the scriptures, it all came together.  I started writing a full page and shared it with grand-papa.  

As I woke up the next morning, one more thought came to my mind and it was to talk about John H. Groberg's experience in Tonga in the 1950's.  He was called to serve for two years and he served 3 years before he received  the telegram of his release.  He did not stop working after two years.  He knew why he was there.  He loved the people and the Lord.

When grand-papa spoke to the missionaries after I spoke to them, our messages meshed perfectly together and we knew and could feel these were the things Heavenly Father wanted to tell these missionaries now.  I felt so much joy and peace.

This morning I was studying the words of President Nelson's talk " Hear Him" from last week's General Conference.
"
We also hear Him more clearly as we refine our ability to recognize the whisperings of the Holy Ghost. It has never been more imperative to know how the Spirit speaks to you than right now. In the Godhead, the Holy Ghost is the messenger. He will bring thoughts to your mind which the Father and Son want you to receive. He is the Comforter. He will bring a feeling of peace to your heart. He testifies of truth and will confirm what is true as you hear and read the word of the Lord.
I renew my plea for you to do whatever it takes to increase your spiritual capacity to receive personal revelation.
Doing so will help you know how to move ahead with your life, what to do during times of crisis, and how to discern and avoid the temptations and the deceptions of the adversary.
What will happen as you more intentionally hear, hearken, and heed what the Savior has said and what He is saying now through His prophets? I promise that you will be blessed with additional power to deal with temptation, struggles, and weakness. I promise miracles in your marriage, family relationships, and daily work. And I promise that your capacity to feel joy will increase even if turbulence increases in your life."
This week I have experienced ALL these promises and All these teachings President Nelson talked about.  and I have experienced them ABUNDANTLY.  Many things happened this week where we needed to feel joy in the turbulence.  I will be happy to share them with you from my journal at the end of our mission.  The Hand of the Lord was in every detail again this week.

At the same time, grand-papa is trying to help and encourage the members in Santo and Malekula to rebuild and receive the help they need to rebuild after Cyclone Harold.  The following pictures just came in from Santo.










These people are a great example of courage, resilience and hard work.

Alei tata evriwan.  Yufala i gat wan gudfala wik.  tangkiu tumas lo preiem lo mifala.  Mifala i bin filim ol prei blo yufala. 

Allez au revoir tout le monde.  Passez une bonne semaine.  Merci beaucoup de prier pour nous.  Nous ressentons vos prières.

Goodbye everyone. Have a good week.  Thank you very much for your prayers.  We can feel them.

Mifala lavem yufala tumas





Comments

  1. Hey this is Kade I searched up the cyclone category it was category 5! Scary!😬😬

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Semaine 12 (16-22 mars)

2021 Month 3:4 (22-28 March)

2020 Semaine 29 (13-19 juillet)