2020 Semaine 51(14-20 décembre)

 


In 5 days it is Christmas and we want to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry 2020 Christmas. It was a challenging year.  However we can always count on the Savior to brighten our day!  And so we share with you the last words of Moroni at the end of this year because they are so fitting:
"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot." Moroni 10:32-33


I saw these words on the back of a truck. I thought of how important it is to know who we follow.


I followed this little blue car on the way back to the mission home.



And this is where it took me.

I know I can follow him because I know where he wants to go and this is where I want to go too.
I am thankful for my faithful eternal companion.  He follows the Lord and to all our family I say:  "we pray you will all come with us."

Our week

To show you how hot it is I asked grand-papa to take this picture of me when we got in the truck after being in the air conditioning in the office.  My glasses fogged immediately as I sat down.


We welcomed a new sister in our mission this week.  She is the one standing next to me.  Next to her is her companion/trainer.  She has been called to serve in Australia and since borders are still closed, she will be serving with us.  She is from Vanuatu, in the island of Santo.  Her brother has been serving with us also since August.  He has been called to serve somewhere in Africa.  I am not sure when it will be possible for him to go there.   

Today four  Ni-Van missionaries (from Vanuatu) finished their quarantine after serving in New Zealand, Australia and two of them in Africa.  Three have finished their mission and have been released.  The fourth one was serving in Côte d'Ivoire and will be finishing his mission with us.
We were waiting for them to be ferried across the lagoon from where they did their quarantine.  Many were also waiting for loved ones and trying to find shade under the few trees.



This is the second Christmas tree we have seen made with coconut shells then spray painted with gold paint.  Now that is resourceful and creative.  It looks real good.  


This week we made a 35 second video for one of our missionaries now serving in the USA.  He asked us to tell him what we will do to get closer to our Heavenly Father in 2021.
Grand-papa said he will write in his personal journal every day to see the hand of the Lord in his life and he will work at gathering Israel on the other side of the veil when we come back from our mission  with Family Search.
I will read from the Liahona magazine everyday.  I feel closer to my Heavenly Father when I do and I really want to take advantage of it in 2021.



Again we leave you from the Vanuatu Paradise until next week.  Mifala wisim yufala wan gudfala wik mo 
Mifala lavem yufala tumas


 

Comments

  1. Always wonderful to read your message each week. They are always so interesting and uplifting. What a blessing to serve in such a special area of the world. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Semaine 12 (16-22 mars)

2021 Month 3:4 (22-28 March)

2020 Semaine 29 (13-19 juillet)