2021 Month 7:1 (28 June-4 July)



It's 25 C (77 F) who could resist a nice hot chocolate in this weather!
There is only 71 % humidity.  The weather is perfect for us.  A very nice ocean breeze!

It was our last week in Vanuatu.  We are leaving Port Vila tomorrow afternoon and flying to Fiji. The next day we are flying to Kona Hawaii, then Seattle and Salt Lake City.  If all goes well, we should be home this coming week.  

We had a meeting at the mission home  with the missionaries, Wednesday,  to view together the broadcast "Love, Share, Invite" and to leave our last "wise toktok"  The missionaries sang for us in Bislama "God Be With You Till We Meet Again"  The members of our ward sang it in English for us today.




After we had a light lunch together.  When it was time to serve dessert, I ask the missionaries to come and see me if they wanted whipped cream with their brownie and strawberry sauce.  I turned around to see Elder Arriola Alvizuris at my feet, ready to receive the whipped cream. 😄




We have received gifts as a token of their love for us, which love is the very best gift of all.



                                          

We had a nice dinner with the Stake President and his wife and the FM manager and his wife.

 The view from where we ate (Stone Grill)



Saturday, we went to the hospital for testing (COVID).  I saw the smallest car ever!





Today we were surprised by some missionaries who came to our ward for a final goodbye.

We took some pictures with some members.  I am thankful we can still keep in touch through Facebook.  We could not take pictures with all the members but we will keep in touch through technology.

















As I reflect, and there will be more reflections in the days ahead, I realize how the gospel of Jesus Christ is the key to the door to happiness now and forever.  I was trying to find a talk, I think it is from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, it mentioned about doing the gospel or the Church the right way.

I started searching in his talks and I really want to go over all the talks he has given as an apostle.

I found one  talk from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, October 2017 "Be Ye Therefore Perfect -Eventually"

I learned during my mission that the Lord does not expect us to be complete overnight.  We are all a work in progress.  In this talk Elder Holland said: "Brothers and sisters, every one of us aspires to a more Christlike life than we often succeed in living.  If we admit that honestly and are trying to improve, we are not hypocrites; we are human.
May we refuse to let our own mortal follies, and the inevitable shortcomings of even the best men and women around us, make us cynical about the truths of the gospel, the truthfulness of the Church, our hope for the future, or the possibility of godliness.  If we persevere, then somewhere in eternity our refinement will be finished and complete - which is the New Testament meaning of perfection."

The gospel of Jesus Christ should not cause anxieties or be a burden.  It is the lifesaver when we are drowning in the tribulations of life.  The Lord said in D&C 67:1-2 that He has heard our prayers and He knows our hearts and our desires have come up before Him.  "Behold and lo, mine eyes are upon you".

We share scriptures from the Book of Mormon every day as a mission.  I may have shared this one but it is worth sharing again:
"How is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in Him?  Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.
And if it so be that we are faithful to him, we shall obtain...and ye shall know at some future period that the word of the Lord shall be fulfilled."  1 Nephi 7:12-13

Many times during my life and especially these past three years, " I have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of my sins, which caused such exceedingly great joy in my soul..."Mosiah 4:11  I say it again: "the gospel of Jesus Christ is the key to the door to happiness now and forever."


MIFALA LAVEM YUFALA NAOIA KASEM TAEM WE I GAT NO FINIS. WE LOVE YOU NOW AND FOREVER.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Semaine 12 (16-22 mars)

2021 Month 3:4 (22-28 March)

2020 Semaine 29 (13-19 juillet)